· We at GSSD believe that every child has the right to an education and a loving upbringing that is why we have taken in children from all over Uganda, regardless of their backgrounds, and how much their parents can afford to pay.
· We believe that Disability is just one of the many characteristic of a Good Samaritan Child. We therefore appreciate every child for their unique talents and traits and encourage them to respect themselves and each other.
· We welcome everyone, but also everyone has to contribute. That is why all the children are in some way responsible for the running of the school and taking care of each other. Those who are able and old enough also help farm for their food.
· Through a caring, nurturing 24 hour residential and academic program and through family engagement outreach programs, GSSD provides educational and social opportunities which assist all Deaf children to attain their fullest potential.
· Emphasis is placed on meeting the unique needs of each child, fostering positive values, good health, and community involvement and encouraging children to view learning as a lifelong endeavor in an ever-changing world.
Note: It should be noted that where families cannot afford to pay school fees, it will not prevent deaf children being considered for a place at the school, since the school is about education and not money.